Purchasing and Logistics Director
As Purchasing and Logistics Director you are responsible for all matters related to purchasing and company logistics. You create standards and procedures related to purchasing, supply chain management and market recognition of product and service providers. You make contacts, negotiate and conclude contracts. You monitor purchasing processes and processes related to warehouse infrastructure and optimize their costs. As Purchasing and Logistics Director you supervise the work of warehouses and ensure timely deliveries.
You cooperate with many people and many localizations. The processes you support apply to internal and external partner units.
The challenges you are facing:
- Limiting inventory,
- Reducing logistics costs,
- Effective supply planning and necessary inventory planning,
- Shortening the cycle from ordering to shipping,
- Cooperation with external logistics companies (3PL),
- Supply chain integration,
- Automation of warehouse operations.
ERP system will help you properly organize logistics processes, automate commercial operations and facilitate access to information about individual contractors.
The implementation of the ERP system will allow you to:
- Integrate with partners.
- Supply chain integration: EDI, B2B, direct integration.
- Effective supply, shipping and stocks planning according to logistic and commercial parameters, historical data, targets.
- Analyze and plan requirements (MRP – Material Requirements Planning).
- Optimize inventory management.
- Warehouse service from collectors and mobile terminals (also on carts).
- Implement of direct deliveries (sales without storage).
- Use substitutes, cross-reference.
- Tour planning.
- Logistic unit service.
- WMS service – high storage warehouse.
- Cooperation with logistics operators (3PL).
- Handle consignment warehouses.
- Handle inquiries and bulk orders.
- Record and monitoring of purchase and delivery orders.
- Prepare reports at any level of detail.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Automatically generate purchasing needs from various departments.
- Get the best prices from suppliers
- Purchases on order or at the “wholesale” level.
- Registration and receipt of goods related to purchase orders
- Checking and approving goods before entering the warehouse.
- Full support for shipment of goods – goods selected for dispatch may require measurement, weighing, packaging and registration under the forwarder’s tracking number.
- Transfer inventory between warehouses
- Create reports, analyzes and statistics to effectively track suppliers, customers and the warehouse.