Purchasing and Logistics Director
As Purchasing and Logistics Director you are responsible for all matters related to purchasing and company logistics. You create standards and procedures related to purchasing, supply chain management and market recognition of product and service providers. As director you make contacts, negotiate and conclude contracts. You monitor purchasing processes and processes related to warehouse infrastructure and optimize their costs. What is more, you supervise the work of warehouses and ensure timely deliveries.
Purchasing and Logistics Director cooperate with many people and many localizations. The processes you support apply to internal and external partner units.
The challenges you are facing:
- Limiting inventory,
- Reducing logistics costs,
- Effective supply planning and necessary inventory planning,
- Shortening the cycle from ordering to shipping,
- Cooperation with external logistics companies (3PL),
- Supply chain integration,
- Automation of warehouse operations.
The ERP system will help you properly organize logistics processes, automate commercial operations and facilitate access to information about individual contractors.
Implementation of the ERP system will allow you to:
- Integrate with partners,
- Supply chain integration: EDI, B2B, direct integration,
- Effective supply planning according to logistic and commercial parameters, historical data, targets,
- Demand Analysis and Requirements Planning (MRP – Material Requirements Planning),
- Optimize inventory management,
- Warehouse service from collectors and mobile terminals (also on carts),
- Implement of direct deliveries (sales without storage),
- Use substitutes, cross-reference,
- Tour planning,
- Logistic unit service,
- WMS service – high storage warehouse,
- Cold storage and freezer service,
- ADR service,
- Cooperation with logistics operators (3PL),
- Handle consignment warehouses,
- Determine and plan the method of delivery, shipments and quantity of inventory,
- Handle inquiries and bulk orders,
- Records and monitoring of purchase and delivery orders,
- Prepare reports at any level of detail.